[cryptography] Fwd: [gsc] Fwd: OpenBSD IPSEC backdoor(s)

Alfonso De Gregorio adg at crypto.lo.gy
Fri Dec 17 10:39:05 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Ian G <iang at iang.org> wrote:
> (resend, with right sender this time)
>
> On 17/12/10 3:30 PM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>
>> To put it more succinctly, and to paraphrase Richelieu, give me six lines
>> of
>> code written by the hand of the most honest of coders and I'll find
>> something
>> in there to backdoor.
>

> This is the sort of extraordinary claim which I like.
>
> So, how to explore this claim and turn it into some form of scientifically
> validated proposition?
>
> Perhaps we should run a competition?

Along this line, there is, by some years, The Underhanded C Contest,
an annual contest to write innocent-looking C code implementing
malicious behavior http://underhanded.xcott.com/

--
Alfonso De Gregorio,   blogs at http://Plaintext.crypto.lo.gy

BeeWise, Security Event Futures - http://beewise.org/