[cryptography] New mailing list for cryptography discussion

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Fri Mar 12 14:39:54 EST 2010

CC'ing the list as I think my thoughts on this are relevant to all
subscribers re the moderation policy or lack thereof.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 02:25:51PM -0500, Steven Bellovin wrote:

> I'll give it a try.  Experience suggests that on occasion, you will
> have to intervene on certain threads.

Perhaps so. My general hope is that at least most of the time, the
list population itself will do well in terms of policing / enforcing
norms. I think generally this is more effective at making long-term
change in behavior than a dictatorial stance from me, especially as I
lack much authority beyond the fact that the list happens to be
running on my mail server.

-Jack