[cryptography] Metzdowd List

David G. Koontz david_koontz at xtra.co.nz
Fri Mar 12 17:57:50 EST 2010

On 13 Mar 10 10:13 AM, Dustin D. Trammell wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea why the Metzdowd Cryptography list died?  I
> hadn't seen or heard anything about it other than the abrupt stop in
> messages from that list.

This was found by googling between Nov 1, 2009 and March 13, 2010.  Had a
date of 27 Jan 2010.  The google cache date is 12 Feb 2010.

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~pmetzger/
Perry E. Metzger
Email: pmetzger at-sign cis.upenn.edu
Office: Moore 102 (DSL)

I'm a doctoral student in CIS, working for Matt Blaze and Jonathan Smith.

Someday, this web page may be interesting. However, this is not someday.

 --

Seems Perry is busy.

There was also a hit on 31 Nov 2009:

http://old.nabble.com/who%27s-coming-out-tonight--td22607955.html

A NetBSD forum, regional-nyc.

Alas for Bill Shaw's post (25 Feb 2010):
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.crypt/msg/8eadc3403779284e?dmode=source

No indication Perry is deceased either voluntarily or not.  Looks like he
simply made changes in his life.