[cryptography] uprove digital credentials

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Wed Mar 17 07:03:50 EDT 2010

So as people may know a couple of years ago microsoft purchased Stefan
Brands patent suite on digital credentials (a more sophisticated and
powerful form of unlinkable credential/ecash tech than Chaums).

Now the news is that they have released java and c# library code and
granted use of the patents under their open specification promise.

http://redmondmag.com/Articles/2010/03/03/RSA-Microsoft-UProve-CTP.aspx

I wrote a C version of Chaum's and Brands' credentials a few years back:

http://www.cypherspace.org/credlib/

Now I have to say I never read exactly what OSP allows but I think
people are viewing this as a positive thing, and if people get to use
the patents for privacy related apps that is cool.

Adam