[cryptography] uprove digital credentials

Greg Thompson gregth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 00:48:11 EDT 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 4:03 AM, Adam Back wrote:

> Now I have to say I never read exactly what OSP allows but I think
> people are viewing this as a positive thing, and if people get to use
> the patents for privacy related apps that is cool.

Hi Adam,

I took no part in the legal side of things, but our intent (and by "our" I'm not speaking as a representative of Microsoft) was that anyone could use the portions of the patents needed to implement the crypto spec (see http://www.microsoft.com/u-prove) for any purpose.  The spec details one issuance protocol and the basic selective disclosure presentation protocol.  We would love to receive feedback (at uprovectp at microsoft.com) from the community regarding the spec and the protocols we've opened up.

Cheers,

Greg