[cryptography] uprove digital credentials

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Thu Mar 18 08:57:55 EDT 2010

Hi

I had a read of the OSP but I am not that familiar with the concept.

Does it mean that one could use the specification for any application:
eg use the serialization given for ecash, anonymous tokens of some
kind - something that is not directly an envisaged use case.

And would it be allowed to deviate from the serialization eg say you
needed to use elliptic curve, or a compact serialization for
convenience would that non-conformance to spec prevent one benefiting
from the OSP?  (Not that typically following the serialization should
be an issue for most applications I would presume).

Adam