[cryptography] NSA's position in the dominance stakes

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Nov 16 17:18:01 EST 2010

On 2010-11-17 5:43 AM, Marsh Ray wrote:
> What I'm saying is that even if the basic math or whatever patents
> aren't expected to hold up, the realities of patent litigation make the
> whole thing $Risky. Even if you prevail in court, it's likely to cost
> you heavily.

True, but that is just business in twenty first century America.  Using
one technology rather than another is unlikely to make much difference.

As I posted earlier, the same problem applies to the buildings damaged
and destroyed in 9/11, which is why they are all still down.  There is
nothing special about elliptic curves, indeed there is nothing special
about technology.