[cryptography] NSA's position in the dominance stakes

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Nov 17 23:01:45 EST 2010

On 2010-11-18 8:42 AM, Ian G wrote:
> What does that mean?

It means that Sony pointed out that Certicom's claim is as full of shit
as we all know it to be, and that the court case ended without the
court, which found Certicom's claim and Sony's defense equally
incomprehensible, finding for or against anyone.

Which is pretty much the standard outcome of these cases, since neither
the courts, the lawyers, not the patent office, have the necessary
skills to comprehend these patents.