[cryptography] philosophical question about strengths and attacks at impossible levels

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Fri Nov 19 18:57:26 EST 2010

Ian G writes:

> As I say, highly counter-culture and widely disagreed :)

Really? I think this audience at least is likely to agree with you. I do,
particularly your hypothesis 5 (I learned it from Saltzer et al.).

Granted, there are all these people who believe that DNS and BGP and so on
should be secured; and there are all these people working on SHA-3 instead
of doing usability studies. I guess I sort of imagine that in their heart of
hearts they know better, though...

--
http://noncombatant.org/