[cryptography] philosophical question about strengths and attacks at impossible levels

travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org
Tue Nov 23 19:29:19 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 02:31:25PM -0800, travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org wrote:
> IMHO, having attackers move to other systems (or attack parts of a
> system you designed), is a sign of success, not failure.  If you
> designed that system (or part), that's the best possible outcome.

Err, I mean if they attack parts of the system _other than the one you
designed_, of course :-)
--
Good code works on most inputs; correct code works on all inputs.