[cryptography] Tahoe-LAFS developers' statement on backdoors

Rayservers support at rayservers.com
Wed Oct 6 20:21:46 EDT 2010

On 06/10/10 23:42, silky wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
>> http://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2010-October/005353.html
>> http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/backdoors.txt
>>
>> Statement on Backdoors
>>
>> October 5, 2010
>>
>> The New York Times has recently reported that the current U.S.
>> administration is proposing a bill that would apparently, if passed,
>> require communication systems to facilitate government wiretapping and
>> access to encrypted data:
>>
>>  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html (login required;
>> username/password pairs available at
>> http://www.bugmenot.com/view/nytimes.com).
>>
>> Commentary by the  Electronic Frontier Foundation
>> (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/09/government-seeks ),  Peter
>> Suderman / Reason
>> (http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/27/obama-administration-frustrate ),
>> Julian Sanchez / Cato Institute
>> (http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/designing-an-insecure-internet/ ).
>>
>> The core Tahoe developers promise never to change Tahoe-LAFS to
>> facilitate government access to data stored or transmitted by it. Even
>> if it were desirable to facilitate such access—which it is not—we
>> believe it would not be technically feasible to do so without severely
>> compromising Tahoe-LAFS' security against other attackers. [...]
>
> How will you stand by this if it becomes illegal not to comply though?

Start to learn Common Law, the Law of the Land.

An Act is not Law in a Court of Record, otherwise known as a Court of Law. If
you know the difference, you can put the gentlemen who run this fraud in their
place. You don't have Courts of Law, only corporate, administrative, admiralty
courts - a fraud upon the people.

Do your own research. Tell this to the young man in England. Common Law is his
birthright. It is the same in America, except you cannot find a man who can tell
you what the law of the land is.

I'm willing to advise, 100% confidentiality guaranteed via open source based
operating system and PGP email, 4096 bit RSA keys, no back doors.

Best,

Ray.

--
Rayservers http://www.rayservers.com/

Zurich: +41 43 5000 728
London: +44 20 30 02 74 72
Panama: +507 832 1846
San Francisco: +1 408 419 1978
USA Toll Free: +1 888 265 5009
10:00 - 24:00 GMT

We prefer to be paid in gold Globals™ and silver Isles™
Global Standard™ - Global Settlement Foundation
http://www.global-settlement.org/

Our PGP key
0x079CCE10 on http://keyserver.rayservers.com/