[cryptography] looking for 'small' AES source

mheyman at gmail.com mheyman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 08:18:08 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Ilya Levin <ilevin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM, mheyman at gmail.com <mheyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody have a pointer to unencumbered C code written to be space
>> efficient? (All the AES code I have trades space for speed).
>
> There is a byte-oriented AES-256 implementation in C available at
> http://bit.ly/cnEU26
>
> It might be something that you are looking for.

That's great. I also just found
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/adv-aes-encrypt> which has a small
AES with lots of globals and a hard-coded key. It does do the
different sizes of AES, but only does it at compile time. So, I need
AES128 and I have to pick between these as starting points. Both of
these do key expansion which takes memory and isn't needed for
performance reasons if only encrypting things less than the expanded
key size - 176, 208, and 240 bytes for AES128,192,256 respectively
(which I think my project does).
----
Michael Heyman