[cryptography] key management guidelines

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 13:19:51 EDT 2010

The basic fallacy here is the assumption that some magical 'identity' exists and all we have to do is be brilliant enough to figure it out.

It doesn't.

It's just a collection of beneficial behaviors, a Nash equilibrium that changes as the rules of the Game change (which, by definition, exists :-)

Identity will be something different in digital representations, and as we learn to cheat and catch cheaters and benefit from both, it will transform into something else again.