[cryptography] real world illustrations of Kerckhoff's principle?

travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org
Thu Sep 9 12:31:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 09:35:56AM +1000, Ian G wrote:
> You're probably thinking of Kherckhoffs' *2nd* principle.  Back in 1883,
> he wrote the basic story for developing crypto systems for military
> affairs, and included 6 principles.

Wow, good attention to detail; I never realized that.

Here's the Cliff Notes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerckhoffs%27_principle