[cryptography] tcpcrypt - the interesting crypto stuff

travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org
Mon Sep 13 14:10:11 EDT 2010

In case people didn't chase this down, this is worth looking @:

http://tcpcrypt.org/tcpcrypt-slides.pdf

Interesting discussion vis-a-vis server-side SSL performance.

Also brings up interesting point - when securing point-to-point
connections, the usual RSA assumptions (signatures are made once and
verified many times, so make signature-verifying exponent small) don't
hold; they're made and verified once, and the server typically doesn't
have the spare CPU capacity that a [desktop] client does.