[cryptography] Definition of Identity (was Re: key management guidelines)

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Wed Sep 15 00:30:20 EDT 2010

Jonathan Thornburg wrote:
> On 5.Sept.2010, Arshad Noor wrote:
>> http://www.strongauth.com/pdf/identityFirewalls1.0.pdf
>
> In addition to the many cogent points made by Marsh Ray, I think
> it's also worth noting that there's a "closed-world" assumption
> implicit in Arshad Noor's scheme.
>
> That is, what about tourists from countries who haven't adopted
> the system?

	Your cash and credit cards will always be welcome in any
	part of the world, Jonathan.  The scheme I wrote about is
	intended to, primarily, address problems for citizens of
	a country.

	That said, bilateral or multi-lateral agreements between
	nations will always make it possible to use a credential
	from your home-country at a facility in a guest-country.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.