[cryptography] "stream MAC" - does anything like it exist?

travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org
Thu Sep 16 14:38:44 EDT 2010

Regarding strong authentication...

I wonder whether cryptographers couldn't preempt the oncoming strong
authentication requirements by implementing practical zero-knowledge
systems that allow the user to choose from multiple identities by
which to authenticate, pay, etc.

By developing such a system and getting it "out there", one could
capture the market before less-desirable systems form.

Perhaps EPIC, the EFF, or the ACLU could participate, or invest.