[cryptography] compilation of block cipher modes

travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org travis+ml-rbcryptography at subspacefield.org
Wed Sep 29 10:35:05 EDT 2010

Sent this 10 Jun 2009; Perry did not approve post to list because of
"too many messages in one day".  I had posted once prior that day,
drawing attention to Ptacek's description of the PKCS#7 Oracle attack
that affected millions of ASP.NET apps. ;-)

Anyway, in case anyone wanted a compilation of block cipher modes,
they're here:

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/index.html#tth_sEc28.4.1

They may look better in PDF mode, but then, unfortunately, I can't
deep link you to the section:

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/security_concepts.pdf

Nor can I make the links stable without reformatting the entire thing.