[cryptography] really sub-CAs for MitM deep packet inspectors? (Re: Auditable CAs)

Benjamin Kreuter brk7bx at virginia.edu
Tue Dec 6 21:47:18 EST 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:34:37 +0100
Adam Back <adam at cypherspace.org> wrote:
> Kids figure this stuff out getting through site restrictions on
> school wifi also.  Some schools try to block popular web games.. eg
> runescape.

Let us not discourage either the children or the schools!  This sounds
like an excellent way for children to pick up some technical skills
and to learn about computer security.  If we must condition our
children to think that censorship is the norm, at least we can also
provide them with some decent education in the process.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin R Kreuter
UVA Computer Science
brk7bx at virginia.edu

--

"If large numbers of people are interested in freedom of speech, there
will be freedom of speech, even if the law forbids it; if public