[cryptography] airgaps in CAs

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Fri Dec 9 03:27:09 EST 2011

Hi Arshad

Do the air gapped private PKI root certs (and if applicable their
non-airgapped sub-CA certs they authorize) have the critical name constraint
extension eg ".foocorp.com" meaning it is only valid for creating certs for
*.foocorp.com?

(I am presuming these private PKI certs are sub-CA certs certified by a CA
listed in browsers.)

Adam