[cryptography] deniable store and forward with integrity protection?

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Tue Feb 15 22:49:38 EST 2011

Ian Brown and I proposed a simpler, non-interactive, approach for use in
openPGP we called "non-transferable signatures"

	http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/i.brown/nts.htm

The basic idea is you use an integrity protected (non-malleable) symmetric
encryption option in PGP, and then change the signature packet to be a
public key signature of the hash of the symmetric key and the recipients
public key.

	RSA_Enc( B_pub, sk ) +
	RSA_Sig( A_pri, H( sk, B_pub ) ) +
	c = Sym_Enc( sk, M ) +
	Mac( sk, c )

it proves A sent B a message, but only proves the content of the message to
B, if B attempts to transfer the signature to C, C cant distinguish whether
B forged the message vs A signed the message.

Adam