[cryptography] Preserve us from poorly described/implemented crypto

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 7 23:31:45 EDT 2011

Steven Bellovin <smb at cs.columbia.edu> writes:

>I"m typing on a large, heavy, clicky IBM keyboard right now...

I have a 15-year-old one that's still going strong (not a buckling-spring one,
which I was never that much of a fan of, but a keyswitch one), but I'm not
sure what I'd do if this one ever failed [0].  Wietse Venema keeps a stack of
IBM keyboards above his desk so he has a spare if a current one fails.

Peter.

[0] Yes, I know you can still get third-party ones, but they're a pain to get
    internationally, and I'm not sure if they're as good as the originals.