[cryptography] Digital cash in the news...

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 14:16:11 EDT 2011

BitCoin has only one problem: maintenance of the relationship between unit BitCoin value and the material world (energy, as in KWh) is 'soft', it requires some sort of a volatile communal effort, which sets it for failure (as a counter example, the amount of Au atoms on this planet is rather independent from any communal effort.)

The relationship between unit value and the material world needs to be fixed. It's just a matter of time.

Then we may name it ButtCoin.