[cryptography] Digital cash in the news...

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 12 02:21:58 EDT 2011

"James A. Donald" <jamesd at echeque.com> writes:

>There is a small but not totally insignificant chance that after fiat monies
>collapse, the world will go bitcoin standard.

ITYM:

There is a small but insignificant chance that fiat monies will collapse.
There is a small but insignificant chance that if this happens, the world will
  go to the bitcoin standard.
Since the Vogon Construction Fleet will have been and gone by this time, this
  will be a mostly academic issue.

Am I the only one who thinks it's not coincidence that the (supposed) major
use of bitcoin is by people buying hallucinogenic substances?

Peter.