[cryptography] Crypto-economics metadiscussion

Marsh Ray marsh at extendedsubset.com
Mon Jun 13 12:31:18 EDT 2011

I 'aint no self-appointed moderator of this list and I do find the
subject of economics terribly interesting, but maybe it would make sense
to willfully confine the scope of our discussion of Bitcoin and other
virtual currencies to the crypto side of it.

This list's previous incarnation had high quality posts but it seems we
burned out the moderator. Perhaps if we keep the discussion well focused
we won't bury the expert crypto discussion and we'll even attract more
professionals.

There are certainly many forums where the economic side of Bitcoin and
the housing market is being debated with gusto, but very few places to
get into the bits-and-bytes of crypto theory and implementation.

Alternative opinions and chirping crickets both welcome.

- Marsh