[cryptography] Crypto-economics metadiscussion

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Jun 13 21:49:44 EDT 2011

On 2011-06-14 2:31 AM, Marsh Ray wrote:
> I 'aint no self-appointed moderator of this list and I do find the
> subject of economics terribly interesting, but maybe it would make sense
> to willfully confine the scope of our discussion of Bitcoin and other
> virtual currencies to the crypto side of it.

The crypto side of it necessarily includes what crypto is doing, and
what it should do, what crypto can be sold.

The discussion of bitcoin was "Why bitcoin"

Well, obviously, bitcoin is succeeding because the financial crisis has
caused loss of trust in government approved and regulated solutions.

That the financial crisis was caused by bad behavior that justified this
loss of trust is controversial, and apt to result in off topic discussion.