[cryptography] not unsubscribing (Re: Unsubscribing)

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Thu Jun 16 15:17:56 EDT 2011

Trust me the noise level on here is zero compared to usenet news flame
fests, spam, DoS etc.  The maintainer is removing spam for one (I think).

Personally I find it kind of annoying when people want to squelch any
interesting discussion about societal implications as that is part of what
is interesting to me about crypto.  Those discussions often are directly or
indirectly actually threat model and design consideration discussions for
privacy technology protocols, and about the long term deployment prospects
of different designs.

I never liked Perry's list much because before much could said someone would
complain that there was no crypto-math in the post.  I can do crypto-math as
well as the next guy, but thats not only why I'm on this list.

Its fairly easy to bulk skip a thread by subject line also.  Press 'N' as
they used to say in the days of tin or whatever it was :)

Adam