[cryptography] Oddity in common bcrypt implementation

Ian G iang at iang.org
Wed Jun 29 05:01:51 EDT 2011

On 28/06/11 1:01 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> And this discussion of ASCII and internationalization has what to do with cryptography,

I personally think this list is about users of crypto, rather than
cryptographers-creators in particular.  The former are mostly computer
scientists who think in block-algorithm form, the latter are more the
mathematicians.

As a crypto-plumber (computer science user of crypto) I think it is
impossible to divorce crypto from all the other security techniques.
All the way up the stack.

Or, talking about non-crypto security techniques like passwords is
punishment for mucking up the general deployment of better crypto
techniques.