[cryptography] Symantec gets it wrong

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Sep 8 15:19:55 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Adam Back <adam at cypherspace.org> wrote:
> btw Massive kudos to the comodo hacker if his 'sploits are accurately
> bragged, favor he did the SSL/PKI community indeed.  There were multiple
> files posted as trophies so I presume people have verified.

Whether they're for realz or not, the damage (to PKI's unearned
position and public perception) is done.  Everyone is now on notice.
Will this speed new solutions?  Maybe, but I won't hold my breath.
More likely it will speed decent band-aids and delay better solutions,
but that's not a terrible outcome.

Nico