[cryptography] Math corrections

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Sun Sep 18 13:50:15 EDT 2011

On 09/17/2011 10:37 PM, Marsh Ray wrote:

> It really is the fact that there are hundreds of links in the chain and
> that the failure of any single weak link results in the failure of the
> system as a whole.

I'm afraid we will remain in disagreement on this. I do not view the
failure of a single CA as a failure of PKI, no more than I see the
crash of a single airplane as an indictment of air-travel.

Are there weaknesses in PKI?  Undoubtedly!  But, there are failures
in every ecosystem.  The intelligent response to "certificate
manufacturing and distribution" weaknesses is to improve the quality
of the ecosystem - not throw the baby out with the bath-water.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.