[cryptography] Math corrections

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Sep 18 19:43:28 EDT 2011

On 2011-09-19 5:30 AM, Joe St Sauver wrote:
> If it has failed at that, and I could see arguments either way, the
> other "natural" solution is probably government regulation.

Many CAs are already government entities, and most are arguably quasi
government entities - and by and large, the government ones are the
worst, and the quasi government ones the second worse.

Secondly, when governments are not quite at peace with one another,
government regulation is not going to help, because no matter who you
are, some of those governments are going to be hostile to your security
interests.