[cryptography] Another data point on SSL "trusted" root CA reliability (S Korea)

Ralph Holz holz at net.in.tum.de
Mon Sep 19 09:23:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

> Why do we assume that government spies will go to such lengths to get
> at an individual's data, when a downloaded root-kit on the target PC
> suffices?

Because some governments like spying on Gmail accounts.

I would agree with you if your goal is to snoop on a dissident, there
are easier procedures there. But if you want to detect dissent in your
population, Gmail, Facebook and Twitter is what you want to check.

Ralph

--
Dipl.-Inform. Ralph Holz
I8: Network Architectures and Services