[cryptography] StrongKey CryptoEngine - Release of FOSS

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Mon Sep 26 21:49:09 EDT 2011

We've just released v1.0 of a new free and open-source Java software
at SourceForge.  Text of the README follows.  More detail can be found
at http://www.cryptoengine.org.  Source and binaries are available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/skce/.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

StrongKey CryptoEngine - from StrongAuth, Inc.

This is the 1.0 release of the StrongKey CryptoEngine (SKCE),
a Java program that allows you to encrypt/decrypt files and
store them in public/private clouds while protecting encryption
keys in a secure device - the StrongAuth KeyAppliance.

The SKCE currently works with AWS S3, Microsoft Azure and
Eucalyptus Walrus.

The SHA256 digests of the files are:

1df8c3774e1aa7b58156eaea4c5b383eada4ef8ebc0e1f25706f60d2b272f8ee
skce-src-v1.0-build-6.zip
44f2e6f5cf8967d2f73f04a53c7a59a668877e909b1eb135cf842ecfad5f3d0e
skce-v1.0-build-6.zip

The software is configured to work with a DEMO KeyAppliance on
the internet.  The generated symmetric keys are sent there for
storage and retrieval.  Please DO NOT attempt to use the DEMO
machine for PRODUCTION use - there are no guarantees around the
availability of the DEMO appliance - it exists purely to showcase
the capabilities of our products and to allow you to play with
the SKCE to try it out.  If and when you decide to use the SKCE
in your production applications, you must buy your own
KeyAppliances, or build your own key-management solution to
use with the SKCE (we, obviously, hope that you'll buy the
KeyAppliance from us, so we can bring you newer features in
the appliance and the SKCE).

Download the binaries, source and give it a spin.  If you have
questions, post them on the forum at the SourceForge site.  We're
interested in your feedback - good or bad.

Thank you.

The SKCE Team
StrongAuth, Inc.