[cryptography] OT: Ulf Möller

Tobias Ulmer tobiasu at tmux.org
Thu Dec 13 18:54:23 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 05:27:30PM -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is anyone aware of any progress (convictions?) in Ulf Möller's murder?
>
> http://ulf-m.blogspot.com was last updated in February, 2012, and only
> talks of the "arrest for robbing and killing Ulf and for other
> crimes." Arrest is a far cry from a conviction (and they may not be
> the folks who did the killing).

I've found these old news (try google translate to get the gist):
http://www.maerkischeallgemeine.de/cms/beitrag/12297157/61299/Polizei-dankt-Hinweisgebern-aus-Kuedow-und-Bueckwitz-die.html

Last paragraph:
Because of good evidence, the police has high hopes for severe penalties
for the alleged perpetrators. It's unclear whether charges against the
three men between 18 and 24 years will be brought up this year.

I've found no news of the release of these men, so it seems they are
still in prison, awaiting their trial. It's not uncommon to take this
long in cases involving organized robbery and murder.

Suffice to say that someone rarely stays in detention for this long if
the police/state attorney was just bluffing with regards to evidence...