[cryptography] how many MITM-enabling sub-roots chain up to public-facing CAs ?

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Tue Feb 14 09:40:15 EST 2012

Well I am not sure how they can hope to go very far underground.  Any and
all users on their internal network could easily detect and anonymously
report the mitm cert for some public web site with out any significant risk
of it being tracked back to them.  Game over.  So removal of one CA from a
major browser like mozilla would pretty much end this practice if it is true
that any CAs other than trustwave actually did this...

Adam