[cryptography] looking for DES implementation in C

Jonathan Katz jkatz at cs.umd.edu
Thu Feb 16 17:33:24 EST 2012

I'm looking for a stand-alone implementation of DES in C. Can anyone point
me to one (or send me one of their own)? Note: I know that there exist C
crypto libraries that include DES, but I'd rather not install an entire
library just to get access to DES.

(For those who are curious: this is for a course assignment. Though now
that the students have alerted me to the fact that DES implementations
seem to be hard to find -- doesn't anyone use triple DES? -- I'm also
interested myself in getting my hands on one.)