[cryptography] looking for DES implementation in C

ianG iang at iang.org
Thu Feb 16 17:39:53 EST 2012

As you say it is a course assignment, there is an option.  Find the
standard definition, and give it to your students to code it up from the
standard.

This is actually quite a good exercise because it gets into the arcania
of C numbers definitions.  Also, the standard definition comes with a
couple of test vectors, so it is possible to know whether you got it right.

As a data point, it took myself and a mate one weekend to code it from
standard, once upon a time.  Working together.

Just a thought :)

iang