[cryptography] looking for DES implementation in C

Marshall Clow mclow.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:30:31 EST 2012

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=des.c found:

	http://www.ussrback.com/crypto/cracking-des/cracking-des/ch5/des.c
> /*****************************************************************************
>  * des.c                                                                     *
>  *                 Software Model of ASIC DES Implementation                 *
>  *                                                                           *
>  *   Written 1995-8 by Cryptography Research (http://www.cryptography.com)   *
>  *   Original version by Paul Kocher. Placed in the public domain in 1998.   *
>  *  THIS IS UNSUPPORTED FREE SOFTWARE. USE AND DISTRIBUTE AT YOUR OWN RISK.  *

and
	http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=lib/des.c
> /* des.c --- DES and Triple-DES encryption/decryption Algorithm
>  * Copyright (C) 1998-1999, 2001-2007, 2009-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>  *
>  * This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
>  * by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your
>  * option) any later version.

Whether either of these are correct is left as an exercise to the tester.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:mclow.lists at gmail.com>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki