[cryptography] Homomorphic split-key encryption OR snake oil crypto

Ali, Saqib docbook.xml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:18:03 EST 2012

Hi James,

Exactly. True Homomorphism (or a fully Homomorphic system) does not
require the hosting party to have any knowledge of the key, but still
facilitates computational functions on the data without the need for
decrypting the data.

Having homomorphism is a split key / shared secret (m of n principle)
doesn't make any sense.

Saqib