[cryptography] Bitcoin in endgame

ianG iang at iang.org
Fri Feb 24 22:26:27 EST 2012

> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 05:08:44AM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:

>> The paper presupposes that criminals are such horrible people that
>> everything they touch turns to shit.

Not an un-wrong one-line summary of the paper.

On 25/02/12 06:49 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Is the major purpose of this mailing list really the discussion of
> political and social theory?  I thought I had subscribed to
> cryptography at randombit.net, not "I already spent four years doing
> political science, thanks."

Well it may appear that way.  In this particular area though you might
want to cut James some slack - he spent many years building Internet
cryptographic payment systems.  He actually does know what they do and
how they work.  And how they don't, and how they interact with users of
distinct classes.

Unlike the bitarazzi, who just hope the libertarian dream never ends,
and unlike the banker apologists who just assume that the agreed &
received wisdom of central banking will work if we just try harder.

Presenting how the economy works in less than one paragraph does raise
difficulties for us all :)