[cryptography] US Appeals Court upholds right not to decrypt a drive

Bill St. Clair billstclair at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 07:01:06 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Peter Gutmann
<pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Ditto.  One other thing that you need to add, the police are very, very good
> at getting information out of people.  They've been doing it with hardened
> criminals for decades, so your average random geek is no problem.

Which is why the average random geek needs to be reminded, over and
over again, that you NEVER talk to the police. Not a word. Ever. If
you're feeling kind, write them a note, "I don't talk to police." They
should leave wondering whether you're mute.

-Bill