[cryptography] (off-topic) Bitcoin is a repeated lesson in cryptography applications - was "endgame"

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Feb 26 02:57:14 EST 2012

 > On 2012-02-26 1:18 AM, Benjamin Kreuter wrote: The demand
 > for Bitcoin as a currency is driven by its properties as a
 > digital cash system; people still need to get their
 > nation's currency at some point

Frau Eisenmenger writes in her 1919 diary:
http://www.wolf1168.us/misc/Articles%20of%20Interest/When%20Money%20Dies.pdf
	I  survey  my  remaining  1,000-kronen  notes
	mistrustfully,  lying  by  the  side  of  the pack
	of unredeemed food cards in the writing table drawer.
	Will they not perhaps share the fate of the food
	cards if the State fails to keep the promise made on
	the inscription on every note? The State still
	accepts its own money for the scanty provisions it
	offers us. The private tradesman already refuses to
	sell his precious wares for money and demands
	something of real value in exchange. The wife of a
	doctor whom I know recently exchanged her beautiful
	piano for a sack of wheat flour. I, too, have
	exchanged my husband's gold watch for four sacks of
	potatoes,