[cryptography] US Appeals Court upholds right not to decrypt a drive

ianG iang at iang.org
Sun Feb 26 08:00:22 EST 2012

On 25/02/12 18:50 PM, Jon Callas wrote:

> "...We're not *stupid*."

Once upon a time ...ok skip the annoying anecdote and get to the question:

What would be the smallest steganography program that someone could type
in and use to hide ones secret archive in plain site?

iang

...a long long time ago, I used to port network code on demand.  This
was before the net.  So I had a bootstrapping problem.  This was before
the time of compatible magnetic media too, I guess, but, every machine
had a serial port.

I wrote a little network slave program in C, and a larger master one.
The master one stayed on the primary source machine.  The slave one I
typed in.  I got it down to around a page of C in time, and it would
generally take under an hour to get it up and humming.  Oh, and I had a
little home-made rs232 patch kit.  End of distracting anecdote.