[cryptography] Moderation (Was: US Appeals Court upholds right not to decrypt a drive)

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Mon Feb 27 03:01:31 EST 2012

["Kevin W. Wall" <kevin.w.wall at gmail.com> (2012-02-27 01:50:40 UTC)]

> Well, we're already considerably OT, but since the moderator seems to
> be letting this thread play itself out, [...]

Moderator? The list has a moderator? I had no idea. But seriously, we
can all be moderators in the sense of asking nicely to take certain
discussions elsewhere. I have done so myself recently, and others can
too, if they wish. But I guess the majority is too fascinated by this
thread to ask for an end to it. And you can argue that much of the
discussion is on topic if the topic is construed broadly. I am not
asking anybody to stop, at least not yet. (But some of the discussion
about whether we need a government at all, fascinating as it is,
really is off topic in my opinion.)

- Harald