[cryptography] Moderation (Was: US Appeals Court upholds right not to decrypt a drive)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Feb 27 05:12:19 EST 2012

On 2012-02-27 6:01 PM, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
>And you can argue that much of the
> discussion is on topic if the topic is construed broadly.

Ninety percent of cryptography is threats, in the sense that most of the
failures we see around us, are failures to consider the real world in
which the attack takes place.

Those chilly gloves, while deeply disturbing, are unlikely to result in
me revealing incriminating information that could result in jail time.