[cryptography] (off-topic) Bitcoin is a repeated lesson in cryptography applications - was "endgame"

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Feb 27 15:53:01 EST 2012

On 2012-02-27 10:26 PM, lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> Working on this. And the network problem.

What is the plan?

Seems to me that what bitcoin needs is banking layer on top of the
bitcoin layer to issue chaumian coins, with bitcoins acting as gold for
the banks as in free banking (with the potential for ponzis and bank
failure.

Of course bitcoin banks are unavoidably capable of doing a ponzi, thus
one should not keep bitcoins in them for very long periods.