[cryptography] Moderation (Was: US Appeals Court upholds right not to decrypt a drive)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Feb 27 16:38:41 EST 2012

On 2012-02-27 10:45 PM, Jack Lloyd wrote:
 > My assumption is that anyone who is interested and capable of
 > moderating a crypto mailing list will inevitably find that they have
 > more interesting things to do than moderating a crypto mailing list
 > (the failure mode of cryptography at metzdowd.com).

Discussion of rubber hose cryptography by the police, courts, customs
and TSA appears to me to be on topic, even though some feel that rubber
hose cryptography is off topic.

The potentially disruptive death penalty thread was (eventually) taken
off list, due to the self restraint of some of the participants.