[cryptography] CAPTCHA as a Security System?

lodewijk andré de la porte lodewijkadlp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:06:49 EST 2012

I'd like to add to this conversation, as a side note, that a new type of
security has (fairly) recently emerged: legal security. "It's illegal to
break in, so we don't need security". Quite common in convenience stores,
people's homes and now, the Internet. Some will find that this sort of
security sucks. That it doesn't protect them very well. They won't care
though, because even though the window was open, no one should've entered.