[cryptography] reports of T-Mobile actively blocking crypto

Joss Wright joss-cryptography at pseudonymity.net
Tue Jan 10 08:59:09 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 09:14:54PM -0500, Steven Bellovin wrote:
> https://grepular.com/Punching_through_The_Great_Firewall_of_TMobile
>
> I know nothing more of this, including whether or not it's accurate
>
> 		--Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

There's some confusion in the comments as to whether it's just T-Mobile
pay-as-you-go SIM cards or if it includes contract SIMs.

If this email arrives, I can confirm that it's not accurate at least for some
contract T-Mobile phones. (If it doesn't arrive, they will very rapidly lose
one customer.)

Joss
--
Joss Wright