[cryptography] reports of T-Mobile actively blocking crypto

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Wed Jan 11 08:43:16 EST 2012

You know I also noticed mail sending problems when I was in the UK a month
or two ago.  I am transit via heathrow right now, and now I have no problem.
This is pay as you go t-mobile.  So maybe they saw the PR problem brewing
and stopped whatever they were doing.

One gotcha (though I am sure it wasnt my problem before) is they introduced
around that time a splash page to give you more pricing options, before it
was automatic single price plan chosen at time of top up but applying
automatically to your connections.  The result is now you are not actually
connected until you click through the splash page in a browser and chose a
plan.

(Off topic, but the t-mobile pay as you go data is pretty convenient if you
are in the uk occasionally 2gbp for 1 day, 4gbp/3days, 7gbp/7days,
15gbp/30days.  Cant seem to find anything decent like that in the US.)

Adam